Pirate Party Ad

fredag 7 september 2007

Laptop screen issue

Since this might be valuable information for someone else I am posting this in English.

The 25th of December last year (2006) I bought a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro V3205. This laptop has been working perfectly, almost out-of-the-box, in GNU/Linux (Ubuntu). A wonderful small thing and I don't know what I'd do without it.

Some time ago I noticed that there were marks appearing on my screen - most easily seen in black- or white-only screen. I've been very careful with if and since they are geometrically shaped I believe they are manufacturer errors.

I've got a 1-year warranty. The laptop was bought in Sweden and unfortunately I'll be in United States until May 2007, so I will soon be looking into a way to solve the issue of not being without a laptop during class. I'll keep this blog updated about what Fujitsu-Siemens says about it.

Here are a few pictures of the screen: [1], [2], [3] and [4].

Is someone experiences the same problem I'd be happy to hear.

1 kommentar:

Jens sa...

The IT Service Unit here at UNC believed this to be a result of pressure onto the back of the screen. I'll keep posting here as soon as I find something out.